"Word of Mouth" National House Concert Tour
April 30 - June 28, 1998
* What's a House Concert?
House concerts are very informal gatherings in living rooms , yards, garages, where 20 or more people can sit on pillows on the floor, kitchen chairs and couches to see some of the best music in America.
Many of you have already attended or been invited to house concerts and know that they are the most intimate settings available for concerts. They are fast becoming the most popular way to hear singer/songwriters around the country.
I am inviting you to help me create this tour by working with me to arrange house concerts in the homes of your music loving friends throughout the country.
* I have a general schedule of the cities I would like to visit. Please look over the schedule and think of anyone you know in or near those cities who would be interested in hosting or attending a concert. They do not have to have hosted, attended or even heard of a house concert before. All it takes is a love of music, a little bit of space, and some friends.
Think of friends across the US who might like to host a house concert.
What the host provides:
* Space in their home (living room, deck, garage, lawn or porch)
* 20 or more music loving guests ($5-$10 sliding scale admission - There's no additional cost to the host) It can be a BYOB event or potluck if the host chooses
* Floor for Kimberli and Melissa Shields (road manager/friend) to put sleeping bags for the night
What I provide:
* Two hour private solo concert
* Everything for the concert, ie sound system, instruments, power cords
* Invitations for host to send/pass out
* CDs and New "Word of Mouth tour" tape for sale
* Exciting stories from the road!
This tour is 100% Word of Mouth. There will be no advertising , no tour support from any record label, and no sure way to know if I can support myself and my road manager for 6 weeks. The goal is simply to share my music with as many people as possible, make some new friends and fans, and play this game of life on a large scale!
Please look over this schedule and think of anyone you know in or near these cities who would be interested in hosting or attending a concert. Remember, I'm flexible. No dates have been booked yet. Let's see what we can create together.
What to do once you have thought of some friends around the country:
* Call Kimberli (503) 234-8111
* or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
pls include as much info as possible - names, e-mail, phone
* It would be helpful if you also contacted your friends personally
We can talk about who you know, and what their interests are. I have tapes of the KINK radio interview from 1/29/98 which I can send out to anyone interested in hosting. Les Sarnoff at KINK was really excited about the idea and did a great job of interviewing me about what house concerts are and how they work. There are also 2 live songs for your friends to hear as samples of my music. Please contact me as soon as possible, I need to have a good idea of who is interested by Feb. 13th. Thanks for your help and support!!
Feel free to forward this info. on to any of your friends around the country. If you want a printed copy of this info for yourself or friends pls email the snail mail address to me.
Go to: Putting a Human Face on CFIDS.
Go to: the Main Home Page of the Roam'n Church